Thursday 23 April 2009

The fat lady hasn't started yet!


Long may she stay quite!
With Manure winning 2-0 overnight and moving 3 points clear of Liverpool and still with a game in hand, the odds on winning the League are moving more towards them and away from Anfield.
However I actually don't feel that bad about it, this season and I acknowledge that there are still 5 games to go has been a success.
A lot depends upon how you measure success, if it is measured in silverware that I agree it doesn't look that good. However if you measure in terms of improvement, then I believe it has been an outstanding success.
I am suggesting that we will finish second (unless my prayers are answered and Manure fail in the last few games) a great improvement and a big step forward. We beat Manure twice and in the process we gave them a real pasting at Old Trafford - that really must have hurt Old Fergie - beat Chelsea twice and broke their long standing home (without losing a game) record - drew twice with Arsenal. Featured in one of the best ever Champions League matches when we drew 4-4 at Chelsea, a game that most people except Liverpool fans thought we had no chance. Oh how close we came to pulling off what seemed the impossible and without our captain!
Lets not forget, we beat the great Real Madrid both home and away and they never scored against us in a overall 5-0 demolition of this very good side.
There are just too many positives for me to feel downhearted about this season. The problem is that Liverpool Football Club and its fans set and expect such a high level of achievement that even coming second in the best league in the world can appear to be a disappointment.
Well for me who has supported this great club for nearly 50 years -
I CAN LIVE WITH THAT!

No comments: