Thursday 9 October 2008

Blame it on the Boss!


I must first apologize for my tardiness in putting pen to paper over the past few weeks. My Boss seems to have it in for me, judging by the amount of work he has been pushing my way!


However during this time, our beloved team has gone from strength to strength.


I must admit those early games had me a bit nervous, while I acknowledge, that we were getting good results, we were not playing that well. The doubts regarding the partnership between Keane and Torres began to surface, should we have bought Barry, who he have made a difference?


Anyway, its now seems my rears were unwarranted, a good win against Everton, not sure what a bad win is? which followed an outstanding performance against Manure.
I just have a make a comment about "El Nino" I have absolutely no doubt that he will become if he is not already an Anfield legend and is in the same bracket as King Kenny, Owen, Keegan, Rush etc.
Just watching him destroy both Everton and Man. City and it's not just his goal scoring that is so impressive, it is his overall contribution to the team, from defending corners to making space for other players to creating goal scoring opportunities for team mates, he really is a world class player.
Truly outstanding!


Good results in the Champions League, which was followed up by, most probably our best performance, certainly the second half was, when we came back from being 2-0 down to City and scored a very impressive 3-2 win. As this game kicked off at 2.00am here in Aus, it was worth staying up for.


The concerns I had about Keane and Torres have eased but not yet gone away, while it was nice to witness Keane score his first Liverpool goal last week against PSV and celebrate in his normal fashion, I would still like to see him hitting the net on a regular basis in the Premier League.


I suppose and this is based upon our performances to date, did we/do we need Barry? I was never 100% behind Raffas decision to make his choice so visible, however in viewing results so far, I am happy with Villas decision not to let him go.


Read with interest this morning, that the reason for Juventus not buying Alonso was that he was too slow. Sounds good to me! Never wanted him to go anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I would like to offer you an opportunity to take early participation in our affiliate program before it's official launch.
For this I will up your commission percentage to the maximum of 30% of the gross sales (that is around 85% of net sales).
I really believe that our service will be of great benefit to your visitors and a wonderful supplement to your current advertising.
Please come by and check https://affiliates.scorestosms.com/ and don't forget that if you decide to join let me know to increase your commission level.


Best regards
Yanko Stoyanov
yanko.stoyanov@scorestosms.com
ScoresToSMS.com